Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I've got plenty of Nothing

For those of you ;that don't recognize that title, it is the name of an OLD song and it appropriately describes what is going on here which is why I haven't posted anything of late.  Now I am just going to give in to my desire to share NOTHING with you.  I am even going to include pictures of the nothing that is going on here.


 This past weekend we attended a Kentucky Derby party.  We aren't really racing fans but it was a fun party.  It is a potluck so I decided to try my new recipe for some kind of tasty treat.  I posted the recipe on an earlier post but it is simple.  1 large bag of chocolate chips, one large bag of peanut butter chips, and one large bag of butterscotch chips.  Melt the chips together and then stir in one large bag of ruffled potato chips that have been crumbled up into small crumbs.  I decided to 'fancy it up' by drizzling melted Carmel  over the top.
 After letting it cool I had a little trouble cutting it into uniform pieces so it kind of broke up in irregular pieces and the Carmel didn't cut very well but I took it anyway.  It was a BIG hit.  Oh, I also sprinkled a little sea salt over the top too.  I must admit it was pretty tasty and a lot of people complemented me on its addictive qualities.
 Bud has been noticing some deer in our neighborhood and we saw these two in our back yard/wooded area.  I hope they stay in the woods and don't come after our Hosta plants.

I have discovered that one of my favorite Paris pastries is now made right here in my home town.  I have great memories of discovering these little treats in a small bakery where broken pieces were sitting out on the counter to tempt us and the owner was in the back.  I am positive that I displayed a disgusting American trait of having a few too many of the 'samples' before buying a few.  I hope they didn't have video surveillance but I DID buy some.  They are expensive little treats both in Paris and here in TC.  I bought 2 for myself since they were $2 each.  I don't think I will be going back for a dozen or two just snack on.  They were delicious though and brought back great memories with the wonderful women in my life that shared that terrific week in Paris with me.

SO, I was right, nothing much to share but I don't want to get out of the habit of posting even though it seems to be very infrequently read or commented on.  I am sure that no one is going to contact me to put advertising on my blog but I keep on posting.  Next time I should have much better posting to share with you as exciting events are coming my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment