Saturday, March 21, 2015

  Well, I am a little slow posting this week but am agonizing about posting on my blog and Facebook.  I find the formats different.  On the blog I can post and write about each picture on  FB it seems that the postings are a little shorter and I can't explain each picture.  If I post to the blog and then put a connection to the blog, I have trouble controlling the picture that posts with my link.  So for now I will do both. 
Last weekend we went to GR to visit Eva, Jessica and of course that lovely little baby. Doug was out of town but I did leave him some TC beef jerky (if Jessica shared it with him)
 The girls went out shopping.  We had a nice Mexican lunch although E. doesn't eat Mexican yet.  I am sure that Gram will work on that and she will be eating chips and salsa soon. 
 She sure is a cute baby, and Momma too. 
 She was a real trouper, getting in and out of her car seat SOOOO many times without complaining. 
 In the late afternoon (after nap time) we went over to Jessica's house for dinner.  We were invited over to their house for Jessica's birthday dinner with us because it would just be easier and more fun to play with E. on her own turf, and we did have some play time.
 I can't believe they have this cute little 'walker' for babies and she loves it.  She will be walking on her own soon though.
 Eva and Jessica redecorated the house with 'spring' and of course E. needed to help.  Eva is so good at decorating.  I wish she would come up and do mine although I did manage to get my Easter things out before it is too late. 
 Gram did get some play time too.
 Eva made dinner so Jess didn't cook her own birthday dinner. It was great to spend time with them.
 Uncle Bud even got a 'high five' after a while. 
 AND she warmed up to him as the evening went on. 
 Jess requested my chocolate peanut butter cookies as her birthday treat so I gladly made them for her. They didn't travel too well but the broken cookies and crumbs were good too. 
Just as a little 'aside' I remember sending these same cookies to Sara when she was at Michigan and she told me that after eating them in the shower the next one to enter the shower was surprised by the brown crumbs in the shower.  I always remember that story when I make those cookies. 
 Jessica received a new light for her craft space from Eva. 
It was a great day with everyone.
When we got back to Eva's house she and Bud had their tax return/retirement meeting.  Bud loves to talk finances with anyone and Eva was thrilled to have her own financial advisor. 

We had a great weekend and are thankful for such a great family and such a wonderful little baby to bless our stay in GR. This coming week we are embarking on another family visit, our spring trip expanded this year for more days and more visitors.  I will keep you posted.

On another note, I had successful cataract surgery this past week and my vision is much clearer.  Just my right eye this time.  I will wait for the left eye until it gets worse but sure am thankful for such clear vision now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment