Friday, April 3, 2015

Florida

We arrived at our first Florida stop on Tuesday.  We are staying with our T.C. friends the Angove's.  They have rented a condo in Sarasota for the months of March and April.  We are planning to stay here until Saturday morning and then move a little north to visit another couple. 
 

 Wednesday we went over to the Ringling Brothers house/museum and toured the displays and the art museum on the grounds 
 I was almost tempted to join the circus but settled for this picture.
 Larry and Kathy have been excellent hosts.  We decided that no one should be shot out of this cannon. 
 There was a little wait to tour the house so we were forced to sit in the sun and enjoy the warmth.  What a beautiful day. 
Thursday Kathy and I did some shopping.  I found a couple of cute tops AND a beautiful ring that I just decided I needed as a memento of this trip.  I will try to remember to take a picture of it and post it in all its loveliness later. 
 Today (Friday) we finally made it to the beach.  I know, I know it is hard to believe that we waited this long to sit in the sun but yesterday we decided to go to the movies and see the newly released move Woman in Gold.  Everyone wanted to see it so as always is the case while on vacation, if you want to do it you should.
 I sat in the shade of the umbrella but the rest of them took in the rays.
We were quite the group. 
The trip continues as we escape the cold of N. Michigan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment