Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Fall activities

Today is a blog day for me I guess.  I already posted on FB and thought I would update here with other pictures. 
YES, fall finally came to N. Michigan.  The month of September was the warmest one in a long time so we enjoyed the beautiful weather and the leaves are just now turning colors.
 
 Because he had a fall break, David came home last weekend.  Sorry this isn't a very good picture but I was in kind of a hurry.  Anyway, we went over to the cottage and had dinner and caught up on their activities.  Danielle came up for the weekend too so it was great to see her. 
 Bud bought a new chainsaw and went to work on the tree that fell in our yard with the last storm.  It is a much more powerful saw but it was still a lot of work clearing this tree.  We now have LOTS of firewood and we still need to take down a couple more trees.  We will have the professionals do that for us. 
Sunday he wanted to go for his last motorcycle ride of the season.  However, he went about 5 miles south and decided it was too cold and came home.  Monday he did get one more ride out to the shop to drop off the motorcycle for the winter.  I picked him up on my way back from volunteering in Kingsley and managed to get in a stop at a quilt shop near the motorcycle shop. It was a "twofer"  and we both won. 
This past Saturday weekend we went to a wedding (maybe you saw my dilemma on what to wear on FB??) and it was a very nice evening.  The bride is one of the most beautiful ladies in Grand Traverse County AND she has an equally beautiful sister.  They are beautiful women both inside and out.  The wedding was in Leland at a nice little venue.  I usually go to that place to see the Fiber Arts Show but that is this coming weekend and we will be out of town.
We hit the road this afternoon and will be gone for a few days.  I will keep you posted but probably on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment