Monday, September 16, 2013

National park trip, First installment

WELL. I meant to blog along the way of our trip but just didn't seem to find the time or energy in the evenings and sometimes we didn't have internet access so that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  I won't bore you with the whole trip in one entry so this is the first installment.  
 We left here on a Saturday morning, stopped somewhere in N. Minnesota the first night and arrived at Glen and Penny's house Sunday afternoon.  Amy and Scott stopped over a couple of times.  It was good to see them again.
 Myra and Sean are living with Glen and Penny while they look for a new place. The rents in Dickinson are really high so they are taking their time looking for a house to possibly buy.  We saw them quite a bit and again it was great to catch up with their lives.
 The brother and sister had to get a picture together.
 Glen and Penny were great to host us while we had some time to catch up .  They took us to the Theodore Roosevelt National Park show in Medora.
 Here we are all waiting for the show to start.
 It is a fun musical show about the park and the life in a western town.
I had made a quilt for them to match the birch bark tree theme that they have in their house.  It was one of my 'secret' projects this past winter.  I LOVE how it turned out.  What you can't see with this picture was the fantastic quilting my quilter did on the white squares.  It is really a wonderful quilt and I was happy to give it to them.

We had a great time the couple of days that we stayed with them.  Dickinson is a growing town and the new 'oil boom' is changing it every year.

So, installment number 1 is N. Dakota.  I will add more at a later date.  First section was family and lots of fun.  Next I will share with you the natural beauty of our national parks.

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for the report! Thanks for the first installment.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the birch bark quilt!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete