Sunday, December 22, 2013

The week in Review

I am getting much better at getting around one handed and left handed.  
Thursday of this past week I even 'hit the highway' for a long distance trip to Coleman,  Some of you my know that we ran onto a few 'snags' with Leo"s house and I was 'playing hardball' with the company that REALLY messed some things up when they set the house on its foundation.  They sure hustled to fix things this past week and we were ready to hand over the final payment.  I drove down to be there when w e met  with the owner of the company and the incompetent contractor.  Both Leo and  I wondered if he would show or just send his salesman again.  WELL, he did 'man up' and come to get the check himself.  He also sat in Leo's house and took a severe scolding from both of us.  I gave him my best ;I am disappointed with your work' speech.  My 35 years of teaching experience gave me a LOT of expertise and experience with that speech so I really gave it to him.  I am sure that by the time he left he was sorry that he ever heard of the two of us but most of our problems were solved AND he was very sure that our problems were a result of the fact that he didn't supervise the job properly.  
 Leo's new bed arrived while I was there so I helped him make it up so he could move to sleeping on a bed.  He has been sleeping on the floor in his apartment or the sofa at his new house for a week or so.  However, when  I talked to him the day after his bed was delivered he said he hadn't made it to the bed because he fell asleep on the sofa.  This is one of my quilts.  I am hoping that he uses it all the time instead of just putting it on the guest bed.  Right now he doesn't have a guest bed but we have plans to give him our full size bed and buying a queen size one for our guest room.  
 I took one last picture before leaving.   It is a pretty location  and I feel a GREAT feeling of accomplishment with this project but most of all I am so happy that Leo is back in our family community.  
 This morning we woke up to still another snowstorm.  I heard recently that we have only had 2 days since Thanksgiving that we haven't received snow.  It has been quite a winter so far  and winter hasn't officially started yet.  I have a feeling that it is going to be a hard winter this year.  
 My arm is healing and in a strong cast so I am getting a bit better at moving and doing things (notice I have managed to use the shift key and capitalize words now).  I also managed to wrap presents AND put bows on them.  We are ready for the Christmas gift giving.
 Bud has one of his gifts to himself all ready for a new season of motorcycling this summer.

I can't remember all the things he had done to his Harley but it is all 'gussied' up (probably not a good description for work on a Harley).  If you see him, be sure to ask him to show you his pictures and explain all the new 'extras' that he had put on this bike.  Many of the new additions were things that came with the bike when he bought it but some things were new.  Anyway, he is happy and ready for the summer.  ME, I am just waiting to get my cast off so I can get back to my sewing projects.  I miss sewing a LOT.

So, there you have it, the week in review which includes accomplishments, scoldings  and lots of snow.


1 comment:

  1. The snow pic looks great. I am also glad that the whole contractor thing is getting worked out. Nicely done.

    Can't wait to see you all and hear more about it.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete