Monday, April 21, 2014

OK, OK,One week later, I am posting the final part of our trip.

We arived in Tennessee on Friday afternoon, just in time to join in on the 'Friday Night Sports' activities.  
 H. had a track meet She was doint the long jump, not her favorite event but the coach asked her to do it so she is trying hard.
 Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of someone running and jumping?  Well, I tried several times but this is the best I could do.
 Emily and her kids joined us at the meet.  As you can see, the weather was fantastic and it was a nice evening to be outside.
 A. Looked stylish but I guess the photographer didn't notice her eyes weren't quite open.  Sorry, A.  I will try to capture that beauty another time.
 Waiting is one of the pass times at a track meet.  H. and her team are waiting for their relay race.
 And she is off....
 Looking in fine form...
 And she ran around that track 2 times and saved enough energy to cross the finish line.  Her team isn't the strongest but she gave it her best.
 We left the track meet and grabbed a quick dinner before heading out to a baseball game.  B. did a great job and got on base every time (I think)
 She is pretty serious most of the time while on base.
 However, while in the outfield not so focused.  I had to wait a few moments for her to settle down from a little dance before taking this shot.  It was a great game.
 At home we have a little time to practice the piano.  Both girls are pretty good.

 Saturday we had another beautiful day and we were out the door fairly early, at least early for 7 people that had a great bacon and eggs breakfast served by Matt and having 3 young girls to get 'beautiful' before going out into public.
 They took us to Cheekwood Gardens which were in full bloom with their spring bulbs.  It is hard to beat this beauty, both the family and the flowers.

 The gardens were beautiful, the weather was perfect and we all had a wonderful time.
 Who wouldn't love a family like this?

 I don't know which was more beautiful, the girls or the flowers.  We really enjoyed out time together.
 A pose or two for the eldest.
 The Artist in Residence had built these huts.  They were very interesting.

 Saturday evening we celebrated Diana's birthday with a delicious cheesecake from a local bakery.  It is kind of a tradition to celebrate Diana's birthday when we visit in the spring and I like this new tradition of cheesecake from this bakery.
 OF COURSE, her birthday present from us was a new book, one of my new favorite authors.
 B. and I played a few games with this balancing game that I brought down.  I gave it to them at Christmas but it was missing a piece so I took it down on this trip.  It was a fun game.
 Sunday was the Easter Egg hunt at their church.  B. even shared some of her Jelly Beans with me.
We left that afternoon and headed north.  We needed to be in Kingsley Monday afternoon to attend a funeral of a friend that lost her battle with depression the week before.  She was a wonderful lady that battled this illnes for almost 6 years.  We taught together many years and the one good thing was watching the slide show of all the pictures when she was smiling and having fun with her family.
OF COURSE, we had snow the day after we came home.  It has disappeared by now and the ice is retreating from the bay but we are still a long way from warm weather.  I hope a late spring means a nice and warm summer.

So, there you have it our trip.  I know I probably put in too many pictures but I have a hard time editing my photos.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did, our 3,300 mile driving trip visiting family, staying only 3 or so nights at any one spot so they don't get tired of us and covering a lot of countryside.  We always enjoy this spring trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment