Sunday, July 13, 2014

Working less



Bud has decided he wants to work less/fewer days a week.  I kind of laughed when he said that, wondering how he planned to accomplish that task, trying to get him to acknowledge that it would mean turning down work and that seems to be difficult for him.  However, he did start this week by blocking off Friday and not going in to work at all this weekend.  I commend his dedication and hope that he keeps it up.  

 Because he didn't work on Friday, we took Sonja and her friend Chet sailing.  It was a nice cay for a lunchtime sail.  Sandwiches from a local shop and a good wind made the day almost perfect.
 After sailing we went to a local carpet shop and bought a new rug for our living room.  I had scoped out the prospects earlier this week and found this one on sale.  The price was right and it fit out room very well, both in color and size.
Saturday he did chores around the house.  We bought a new bed for our guest room and now have to rearrange things a bit.  So a dresser that was downstairs was switched with one that was upstairs and we cleaned out a few drawers as we were working.  In one of these drawers I found my OLD CMU notebook that I used all through college.  It has those dividers with the little tabs for each class.  I carried it all through my years at college.  I think I should throw it away but am having a hard time parting with it just yet.  It was my constant companion for those years over 40 years ago.  SO, what do you think????  Trash??? or better yet leave it for someone else to throw away many years from now????  Remember if you are one of the younger family members, YOU will be the one throwing it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment