Thursday, September 11, 2014

Too much for one post

Sorry, I really haven't been keeping up with my blog.  My computer has been slow and temperamental.  My sewing machine is in the shop waiting for a new computer part and I seem to be equally sluggish.
I will try to update you on my life but it may be a long post.
 For Charlotte's last weekend in T.C. before heading off to college, she requested an afternoon of sailing.  It was nice to be able to take her out on a nice Saturday afternoon.  Ringo wanted to come along too.  He is such a sailing lover.
 Of course the captain took us right past Red 8, a popular mark on our way out the bay.
 Charlotte and her friend David were enjoying their weekend together.  David has already started school at Western but came home for Charlotte's last weekend home.  This was his first time out on the boat this summer because he was always working when we went out.
 The sky was blue and the winds were favorable.
 Saturday was also Sue's birthday so we went over to their house for dinner.  Walt fixed a wonder steak and salmon dinner and the family and friends brought along the 'sides'.  Sue has some great friends and we enjoyed coming along as family.
 The birthday cake was cut up before we put the candles on it.  Maybe that was on purpose because they didn't seem to have any candles.  We sang anyway.
 Tuesday (Sept 9) I drove down to Coleman to spend the night with Leo.  He met me in Clare for dinner and we were up fairly early for two people that don't work, and headed to Midland to buy him some new clothes for Josh's upcoming wedding.  He found a nice pair of black pants.
 I joked abut him buying this shirt as it is a lavender check but he wouldn't go for it.

 Instead he got two new shirts, one white and one kind of a gray.  I think he is ready for the wedding.
 We did go to lunch afterward.  I love Panara Bread and they have on in Midland.
 Leo has been working on the landscaping around his house.  It has been a bit of a challenge since they really didn't put the house on the crawl space correctly.  We are still fighting with the company about that issue.
 However, it is looking pretty good anyway. He has been doing a lot of work with his back hoe and digging trenches to help drain the water around his house.  You can see that he has a Kohl's bag there with his clothes.
 One other thing I decided to do is follow the advice of Penny and rearrange his living room.  I moved the sofa and loveseat around. He will try it this way.  I think it looks good and probably better.  I have a rug to take down that I forgot so next time.
 Before I left Coleman I decided to visit Aunt Mary.  She lives right up the road from the farmhouse and is now a widow so I thought it would be a good idea to stop and see her.  She is looking as good as usual, still getting out to do her own grocery shopping.

I didn't mention the other stop we made in Midland.  Denise told me that there was a nice quilt shop in Midland that I hadn't visited.  Leo so kindly went along and watched me pick out some fabrics to add to my stash.  They are all batiks which I love.  I am sure that I will find some way to work them in to some future project. Anyway, they are pretty,.  
Leo and I joked about helping each other spend their money.  I won because Leo spent a little more than me by about $10.  

So there you have it, my too long post.  I will try to post more often but maybe if I received more encouragement by the way of comments, I would try to post more often.  Just saying......

No comments:

Post a Comment