Sunday, February 15, 2015

Divas for lunch and sewing

This past Thursday was a FUN afternoon for my lady friends and me.  I invited MaryAnne and Kathy over for lunch and an afternoon of sewing.
I made my wonderful vegetable soup (just like my mom made it, thick and full of just a few vegetables) and then after lunch we were off and sewing.  
I have been wanting to make this little purse/wallet that everyone in my quilting group has been making. (It is called the DIVA wallet if anyone is interested in making it and that kind of explains the title too.) It is so cute but sometimes the directions for such projects aren't so clear. So we thought that 3 minds would be better than one and decided to do it as a group project.  As it turned out, the directions were a little 'sketchy' at times and the 3 of us had to talk through a lot of parts of the project.  
 MaryAnne is a friend from way back, we taught together and have keep in touch.  You can see that we were concentrating a lot while working.  Sometimes we were talking out the steps aloud to each other and then sometimes just to ourselves.
 Kathy and I go way back too.  We were in AAUW together and of course she is my Ann Arbor Art Fair companion.  We share a love of sewing and rings.
 Then there was me, trying to keep up with these women.  It was a beautiful sunny afternoon and my dining room table was a flurry of activity.
 MaryAnne had to leave early so she charged ahead but didn't quite get the 'hardware' on hers before she left.
 Kathy and I soldiered on and finished after she left, screwing on our hardware and completing the project.
This little purse/wallet is really quite cute.  It has a zipper pocket (it had been a long time since I had put in a zipper but I managed to get it done)  It also has several 'card' pockets for credit cards and such.  Finally it has this cute little bar closure on the top.

We had a wonderful time and hope to do something like this again together.
I strongly recommend getting together on a cold winter day and having some fun with friends.  It is nice to have a project completed when you are done but not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment