Sunday, February 8, 2015

Quilt show

I guess it has been a LONG time since I posted but it seems that I don't have many viewers and maybe not enough to say or captivate an audience.  

 Anyway, the quilt show started this weekend.  I had 5 pieces in the show.  I made many of them since Christmas so I guess that is what I have been doing in my sewing room.  It was fun to get ready for this show, knowing that they would be viewed by many people in the community.  They are for sale but I put pretty high prices on them and will be VERY happy if the big ones don't sell.
This one above is called Wildflowers.  It was a lot of fun to make.  I especially like the checkerboard border on this piece.  It adds a bit of color to the piece although it was pretty colorful before.  I will hang this somewhere in my house if it doesn't sell.
 This is a little piece I did before Christmas.  It was a project in my quilt group.

 I did this piece several years ago with my quilt group.  I was the teacher with this project.  It has been hanging in my quilt room for a while and wouldn't be sad if it sold.
 I did this piece as an experiment after seeing a local artist working on a piece for his shop.  I wouldn't be sad if it sold either.  I would just use the money to buy more fabric.
This is my final piece and I LOVE it.  I really hope it doesn't sell but I could make it again if necessary. I am planning to hang this in my dining room when I bring it back home.

The "Opening Night' of this show was this past Friday night.  I took cookies and stood around explaining my pieces to friends that came to the show to 'Meet the Artist'.  Fun Fun Fun.

Hey, let me know if there is anyone out there??????????

No comments:

Post a Comment