Thursday, May 14, 2015

SO........Slow to post

OK,  I know I have been lazy and have not posted anything for quite a while but thought I would try to do something tonight.  I am sorry Jack that I didn't post earlier about your graduation.
 Yes, Jack graduated from the University of Michigan with a  degree in engineering.  That is quite an accomplishment.  It is a very good program and he completed it with honors.  Good Job Jack!!!!!
We all met the night before for a nice dinner.  Hail, Hail, the gangs all here.
 It was a beautiful spring day in Ann Arbor.  The family was  seated and ready for the beginning of the graduation ceremony in 'The BIG House'  We didn't expect such beautiful warm weather and several people got a little sunburned.
 Jack and his gang walking in.  Sue managed to find a space to take this picture.  It is amazing what a proud mother can do to get a good picture. 
 And proud she is. 
 The whole family showed up.
 And of course, the proud aunt and uncle.
 Later that night we all went out to dinner and Danielle (David's girlfriend) joined us.  She is in dental school at Michigan but has been very busy so I haven't seen her for quite a while.  They make such a cute couple.
 That evening we opened gifts and Jack entertained us with his usual 'happy go lucky' self.  The bow tie was the tie he wore for graduation and the other tie was the first layer 'extra' layer that he put on.  He received quite a few new additions to his new professional wardrobe so he just kept piling things on. 
 On went a new t-shirt and many other layers.  I guess you had to be there to get the whole picture.  Anyway it was a fun evening.
 The next morning we all met for breakfast and parted ways, all going back to our home and respective schools.  What a great family and the THIRD one to graduate from Michigan so they are smart too.
On our way home we stopped in Coleman very briefly to put a spring wreath on Mom and Dad's gravesite.  I am now ready for Memorial Day.

There it is!!!  I'm not sure what was holding me up from making this post but finally I managed to get it done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment