Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Lewis family Christmas

The Charles and Catherine (Clarke) Lewis family had their yearly Christmas dinner this past Sunday in Coleman.  I try to attend every year so that I can catch up on what is going on with my aunts (no uncles still here on this Earth with us)  It is a GREAT opportunity to laugh and remember the 'good old  days' and you know we had MANY. 
 My Aunt Florence is the oldest and probably the most feisty of the family but she looks GREAT and is full of 'vim and vigor'.  Greta is just a few months younger than me and we spent a LOT of time together growing up.
 Aunt Kathleen is the 'baby of the family' but going strong. 
 I always insist on a picture of the cousins.  Of course it is just the 'real' Lewis's not their spouses.  I was asked by one of the husbands to include the spouses next year in one of the pictures.  I told him I would think about it but I have mixed feelings about that request. It seems to be the "Lewis way" to just take  pictures of the Lewis's without their spouses.  I have several pictures of my dad's family with just him and his brothers and sisters, NO spouses as documented evidence.  Maybe I could take two pictures next year.  Anyway, here we are.  It was a pretty good turnout of my generation.  We had 13 out of the possible 27 attending. 
 Aunt Mary is looking great too.  She lives just up the road from Mom and Dad's house. 
 OF COURSE the three girls had LOTS to talk about. It was good to see Kay and Greta, the two of my cousins that I spent the most time with when I was young. 
 Leo and some of the guys talked over the world's problems.  Leo looks pretty good.  I am thankful that he is cancer free and living in Coleman near family.
 I did my yearly duty of putting a wreath on the gravesite in Coleman.  No snow there either.
And finally, we stopped by Leo's house and dropped off our leftovers.  He has smoothed out the yard around his house and put in drainage so it is ready for grass this spring.  It is a beautiful little place in the woods.

SO, you can see I was able to get my 'Coleman fix' this past weekend and enjoy my family there. It was a great place to grow up and a wonderful family full of love and laughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment