Monday, April 1, 2013

Hoppy Easter weekend

We spent the Easter weekend in Grand Rapids with Eva, Jessica and Doug.

 We started out by attended a rugby game on the Davenport campus.  It was interesting to watch Coach Powers's team and TRY to learn more about rugby.  It seems like a complicated game but I guess I just don't know the rules.  It is definitely a hard hitting and a heavy running game.  It made me tired and sore just watching it.

 The game had an unfortunate outcome for Doug's team but they just moved up into a harder league this year so the National Champions are working harder and meeting harder teams.  It was a beautiful sunny day and it was nice to be outside.  I enjoyed it and would go back any time especially if I received a lesson on the rules from some friendly coach.
Saturday night Eva, Bud and I had dinner out and then went back to Eva's house to do a little sorting of some boxes of pictures and memorabilia from the farm.  YES, YES, I know we should have sorted through this stuff by now but we are slow at getting down to the last 3 boxes.  I took down 2 boxes and only brought back 1 so that is a good start.  My last box here is full of photo albums so I am working on that slowly, removing the pictures from the books and doing a little sorting.  It is amazing who you find pictures of in those books, like old boyfriends and such.  I threw away the pictures of my old boyfriend that Jessica and Matt know.  I don't need that memory. I sure 'dodged the bullet' on that one.  Anyway, we are making baby steps.
 Eva and Jessica fixed us a wonderful Easter dinner with steaks, salad, potatoes and of course deviled eggs.  It was just the 5 of us so we didn't have an Easter egg hunt.
 Sorry, out of order but this is the two of us bundled up for our afternoon outside to watch rugby.
 Jessica and Doug did get an Easter basket.  Check a couple of pictures later and you will see the tag.
 I brought down Jessica's birthday present.  She was hard to buy for this year since most of her wants and needs were met at the wedding.
Doug's name was added to the tag for Jessica's basket.  Same bag, just add a name.  This reminded me of the card we gave to my dad for several years.  Eva thinks it was a Valentine's Day card that we just added the name of the newest child on the card and gave it to Dad the next year.  You could tell this because the ink was different and I remember the fun of giving it to him and him acting like it was new, at least I think he was acting like that, not just forgetting that it was the same one year after year.  I'm sure that we told him if he didn't remember.

Sorting through the pictures brings back memories.  We did find some pictures of the barn and that was nice.  I knew we had one but hadn't seen it in several years.  I know I keep promising to scan them onto a disk and give one to everyone, maybe even make a book.  I am still planning on doing that so don't give up yet.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and are enjoying warmer weather than we are (it was snowing again today)  Enjoy each day.  They are precious even if they are cold and snowy.


No comments:

Post a Comment