Thursday, March 28, 2013

Computer troubles

I have been silent the past few days due to computer problems.  We have been having trouble with the start up of our computer lately so Bud decided to take it in to our repair shop and check it out.  WELL, the hard drive was in danger of burning out so they had to install a new one.  That was cheaper than buying a new computer.  While they had it, they cleaned up any viruses that managed to get through so we are hoping that it will be good for a while.  We do have a 'back-up' system but I would hate to lose all of our pictures.  That is the disadvantage of keeping pictures on the computer.   I should burn them to disks more often.  
 I have been my usual 'busy' which means not so busy but at my own pace.  I started this quilt a week or so ago and now have it almost finished.  I am making another border to put around it but I should finish that today.  I like it and the way it turned out.  The blocks are big, 16 inches square, so it went together quickly.  This is a throw size.  I wanted to check out the pattern and see how easy it was.  I do have some plans for this one so no one can request it.  I did use a lot of my 'stash' fabric for this one although I did buy a few pieces.  I think this looks good and it would look good in almost any color scheme so if you like the pattern and would like a different color, let me know.  I am always looking for new projects and have almost any color in my stash.
I also did a puzzle the last couple of weeks.  I haven't done a puzzle in a long time and picked this one up when I was out one day with Leo.  It was fairly easy until you got to the grassy part at the bottom.  Even the sky was easier than the grass. I might try another one some time because it was kind of a fun thing to do.

Bud and I continue to 'chug along' on our diets, losing a few pounds a week.  I am impatient for it to be over.  I don't get to eat any carbs which includes fruit, on this diet.  I am tired of the program but trying not to complain since I have lost 18 1/2 pounds so far.  Bud mentioned this morning that he is surprised how hard it has been for me to give up carbs even though several years ago I gave up smoking quite easily. I don't know the difference but I know that this has been difficult for me. Leo teases me when I am visiting because I keep recommending he eat things that I would LOVE to eat such as a nice slice of great toast or an ice cream float that he DOES need to eat.  I have reentered the 'normal' BMI range of my body as of a week ago but it is still going slowly, too slowly for me.  Leo is doing a good job of keeping his weight up even though food doesn't seem interesting to him.  He is now weighing almost 150 pounds but of course he is the only person I know that gladly gets on the scales at the doctor's office fully clothed with a heavy pair of shoes and a jacket on.  He is probably wearing 5-10 pounds of clothing when they weigh him.

I have just one RANT today, I have been listening to NPR as usual lately and the last couple of days have been filled with the Supreme Court Arguments regarding marriage equality.  I am "so over" this issue and can NOT see why this is an issue in our country.  I don't really understand the oppositions "Defense of Marriage' argument. Why does marriage need defended???   I think that marriage is a good thing for all people and we are not forcing anyone into a marriage that they don't want.  I do understand there are some financial issues that involve the government but I think those arguments are weak and we should just let people love and be loved.

So much for my 'rant'.  I hope you are enjoying the spring weather.  The sky has been blue and beautiful here.  The snow still covers the ground but the sun is shining.  Sunshine makes the world look beautiful.  Enjoy your little bit of sunshine today and take in the beauty of the world.

Hey, it is 2:00 and I have finished the border.  Now I have to get the backing together and take it to my quilter.  This is too big for me to work with.  I think it looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment