Monday, June 3, 2013

Many shapes and faces of love

I am blessed with many wonderful people in my life.  I thought I would share some of their wonderful faces in appreciation of the ways they bless me and each other.  
 This weekend Leo came up and once again helped me with my outdoor flowers.  Bud usually doesn't come along on this adventure but he wanted some additional flowers on the the deck on the back AND wanted to make sure that we didn't make the flowers by the driveway too tall like I did one year.  I guess he thought I needed supervision and we were glad to have him along.
 We didn't have trouble finding flowers like some years since I am doing it earlier this year.  Some years I have waited until after the boat trip and that is too late to find a good choice of flowers and the first year (the time we found things too tall) I didn't know what I was doing.
It took a while to find the right kind of pots to put on the back deck.  We were looking for something in the blue color to match the pots out by the road but blue just isn't the color this year.  We finally settled on these red planters.
 We came home and rested, had some refreshments and then went right out to plant.  These planters will go out back so we can see some color from the kitchen window.
The blue planters go out by the road.  I am hoping that they grow and spread out a little but you will see that there aren't any tall grasses or flowers in the middle.  I tried to talk Bud into something big in the middle that was about a foot tall but he kept saying NO.
 I went with a plain geranium in the space between the garage doors.  I like how it looks against the color of the garage AND as an added bonus, it picks up the red in the pots outside our kitchen window. That was purely coincidence, not planned by me or anyone else.
 SO we have two pots that are up higher and then the smaller pots down the steps.  This part was Bud's idea and I think they look great.
 The red pots look terrific.
 My helper out by the road.  This is the third year that I have managed to talk him into coming up and helping with this project.  A great tradition.  We paid him back with a nice steak dinner and a movie.  The guys got to see Iron Man 3, exciting and full of action.  It was an action packed day of planting and movie watching.
I am thankful that Leo was able to help with this project one more year and even thankful for Bud's new interest.
NOW a cuter face of love.  I made some baskets for Sara and the babies a few weeks ago.  I finally managed to get them out to her last week.  I LOVE this picture of the babies sitting in those baskets.  I think she plans to use them to store their toys but for now I like the way they are using them  These babies are so precious.  Once again I am blessed.  
Finally, Jessica and Doug are in TN helping with the new garage that is being built for Matt and Diana.  I would have a couple of more picture to share except my new iphone is difficult for me to figure out and I haven't been able to figure out how to send them to my email and then put them on the blog yet. I need Bud to give me a lesson.
SO, another ace of love.  Family helping family.

Love comes in many sizes, shapes and faces.  I hope you have some love in your life today.

4 comments:

  1. Jess and I are imagining Uncle Bud researching the heighth of flowers on his iPhone while you were shopping: ) They look good!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete