Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Playing the Lottery at the gas station in N. Michigan

Sorry, no pictures this post.  Just my latest 'rant'.  It seems that the gas prices in N. Michigan are VERY volatile.  One day it could be $4.29/ gallon and then the next day it starts dropping so you go out and buy some gas hoping that you are catching it at a new low price.  I did that last week when it dropped to $4.10 thinking I was getting a real deal catching it before the next raise.  Well, WRONG, I missed it again.  Today the price was down to $3.75/gallon.  We here in Traverse City are accustomed to the fluctuation  of prices in the summer when they try to 'stick it to the tourists' on the weekends so we try to buy our gas during the middle of the week but there doesn't seem to be any 'rhyme or reason' to the prices this year.  What frustrates me the most is when I drive across town and notice the prices but am in a hurry so don't stop only to find out that when I come back across town the price is up 25 to 30 cents a gallon.  What happened in that short time to warrant the rise of gas that far????  Is there a new crisis that occurred somewhere in the world that I missed in my every vigilant news monitoring on NPR????  You just have to wonder about such unfair events in your daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment