Sunday, February 2, 2014

Not much new

It seems thast not ;much was 'picture worth' this past week so I think it will be a short post but I never know for sure when I sit down to the computer.  
 My friend Maryanne stopped over with her husband Gordon this past week.  They were delivering a bench that Gordon made for our entrance.  When we cut down a large oak tree to build our garage, Gordon took the longer pieces of the oak and made some boards.  He offered to make something for us out of that oak. He is a wonderful wood worker and has just recently retired as an engineer and owner of a company here in T.C.  This wonderful bench was built to fit exactly in our entrance.  Bud will need to finish the bench and that will probably wait until spring when the weather is warmer and he can work in his garage.

Speaking of Bud, he is recovering slowly from his episode of Shingles.  Some days are better than others.  The rash on his skin is looking less 'angry' but he continues to have nerve pain.  He did go back to work the end of this past week.  He stayed home Monday and Tuesday and did a few meetings on Wednesday and Thursday.  I think he put in a whole day on Friday and Saturday.  He is resting a lot in the evening when he comes home but he seems to be recovering.  I understand it is a slow recovery.

I continue to receive therapy on my wrist.  It too is getting better and I am able to use the computer and many other things without too much difficulty.  It is still stiff but it is getting more flexible every week.  The therapy is very helpful.
 I drove down to Coleman this past week to go to the oncologist with Leo.  The appointment went well.  We have one more meeting with him this coming week and a couple more tests to get results from.  I don't think he is getting too tired of me yet.  This week he cooked for me again.  He had a great Pot Roast all ready for me when I arrived on Wednesday evening.  It was delicious. I don't know what he is cooking this next week but I am sure it will be great.  I have been very lucky with weather and driving.  It seems that the storms have avoided the days that I am traveling.  This last Thursday I arrived home just in time to miss a 'squall' that passed through the area in the evening.  I have been very thankful for good roads and missing the storms while traveling.
The cold weather here in N. Michigan has finally managed to freeze the bay.  This is a picture out our living room window using the telephoto lens through the treetops.  All that white is ice.  I heard it has officially froze which means that the bay is frozen clear to Ford Island.  There are conflicting stories about how far out the ice goes but we haven't seen temps above freezing for so long that when it gets in the 20s we think that it is warming up.

Well, I managed to fill in quite a bit for this entry so I think with that weather report I will close.  (Weather information in N. Michigan can always fill in LOTS of space.)  As we say up here, " Stay warm and stay out of the ditches."

Happy Groundhog's Day  I am sure we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter here.  We are hoping it will be JUST 6 more weeks not 3 more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment