Thursday, March 20, 2014

Staying our of my sewing room

I have been having difficulty staying out of my sewing room lately so all other activities have been 'put on the back burner.'  I decided I would catch up on my blog, do some cleaning, put away my snowman collection and put out the Easter things before I entered the sewing room today.  I hear it calling to me so I will get busy and try to spend some time there later in the day.  I picked the activity that I thought would be the most fun to do first.  Cleaning and redecorating can wait.
 This past weekend we went down to G.R. to attend a shower for Jessica.  Megan, one of Jessica's long time friends, put on the shower at Eva's house.  Megan's daughters were a lot of help and really consider 'Aunt Jessica' as a member of their family.  Eva's house is perfect for entertaining and in a great location so it was a wonderful day.
 The 'boys' went out and spent the day doing chores and having lunch at a local sports bar.  Left to right: Doug Sr.  Bud, and Tom, Doug's sister.   Doug was at a rugby game so he wasn't able to join the guys.
 The food was terrific and many of Jessica's friends came.
 Wonderful gifts were appreciated by Jess.
This package came from Great Grandma and a cousin.  Lots of wonderful goodies in this box.
 Of course everyone needs a new car seat for this little girl.  Both grandmothers have a 'base' so that this seat can fit in their car too.
 Everyone seems to think that Jessica loves elephants, maybe it is the color gray.  Anyway, this little outfit is one of many very cute things she received.
 I found this cute camping fabric so I made her some little blankets that had canoes on one side and thermos on the other side.  I thought it fit right into their lifestyle.
 I also made this little blanket.  When I heard her colors were green, gray and coral, I found this little panel on line and decided at the last minute that I would make a baby blanket.  I had a great time doing this in about 3 days last week.
 Everyone needs a wonderful wagon like this and notice that it has two seats.
 Aunt Cathy made treats for the new grandmas too.
 Left  to right, Aunt Christi, Great Grandma, Jessica, Aunt Cathy and Eva.
 After the shower and after Jessica had some time to take a nap in the afternoon, we picked her up to take her to dinner.  This is the new nursery.  It is newly painted by Eva and Jess.  I love the nice gray color and want to talk Bud into painting our living room this color too.
 Jessica has moved her 'craft space' upstairs so that there is room for the baby downstairs.  A lot of creative wonderful things happen in this space.  She is a very creative woman.  Notice that it is very well organized too.  Maybe I should have her come up and help me organize my sewing room.  I think She would be discouraged though since I would probably mess it up again.  I tend to have a messy sewing room.
 We bought her the new crib.  Sunday she and Doug put it together.  It looks so cute and ready for the little one.
 This is the quilt that I made.  I cut out the blocks from a panel and put them together. I even quilted the piece which means I didn't send it to the quilter to connect the back to the front with the batting in between.  I don't usually do that step but since it was for Jessica and it was a smaller piece, I decided to give it a try.  I think it turned out quite nice.  
I also put some of the fabric on the back so that it looks cute on both sides.

SO, that is what I have been doing.  I am working on another quilt for the granddaughter of a friend which is almost finished but it will wait.

I am off to find the 'bins' that I keep all my snowmen in and my cleaning supplies.  I hope it doesn't take too long.  I'D RATHER BE SEWING.

UPDATE: I made it through all my cleaning and redecorating and was able to sew.  It was a busy day for someone that is retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment