Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Just Lazy

Well, here it is Wednesday already and I didn't do a posting last week.  Lazy is the word I used but really I have been busy, just not on the computer.  
 I continue to go to school and volunteer twice a week, when they are having school.  It has been a bad year for 'snow days' and unlike Diana in TN, (she mentioned on F.B.) we DO have snow here so our school cancellations are valid although I do think that some of the days have been questionable and I DO know that they have not have been as bad as some days I drove to work in my early days when we had a superintendent that almost refused to cancel school no mater what the weather.  YES, I know that kind of sounds like the stories we heard as children about our parents walking to school in blizzards, almost barefoot and uphill both ways.
 OK, back on topic.  I was able to catch the school play  this past Monday.  It has been a tradition since 'way back' that the teachers put on a play for the students to kick off March is Reading Month.  Something to do to brighten up the LONG winter days up north.
This year the theme of Reading Month was The Wizard of Oz.  I have great memories of these plays and was happy to watch from the audience and keep Molly's class in line while she played one of the flying monkeys.  She is the one on the right.  The costumes have really become pretty professional.
 What would the Oz play be without the scarecrow, lion and tin man.  I have worked at the 3rd grade level with all of these teachers. It is a fun group of teachers and I still love going down and volunteering.  I was especially happy to catch the play and remember all the years I participate AND happy to be in the audience this year.
 Last week we had a great Quilt Group meeting.  I am the leader this year and I invited my favorite quilt store owner to come and do a program.  She showed us how to use a special ruler and her new and very fancy machine that cuts fabric.  I am really enjoying being the leader.  It is a fun group.
 Saturday Charlotte turned 18.  That is hard to believe.  She is such a talented young lady, not to mention beautiful.  She is off to college next year and planning to study voice.  She does have a beautiful voice.
 We were invited to join the family at a dinner out.  David and Jack came home because it is spring break.
 Jack decided to give me a funny face for this picture.  That is usually David's job but fear not....
 he did manage to hide behind Ringo when I took pictures later.
Yes, 18 is a lot of candles but just the beginning of a life for old folks like me.
As many of you know, I broke my wrist/arm this past year.  I had surgery to put it all back together but that required many sessions of Hand Therapy.  I have finally graduated and have most of my mobility back.  I will continue to stretch it and look for some of the stiffness to go away but we think that I can do that at home without help.  My hand therapist was this wonderful woman, Virginia.  I enjoyed our twice weekly sessions.  We talked travel, books and just common interests while she stretched and messaged my arm and wrist.  Thanks to her I am going to have full mobility.

Well, it took me a while but I finally was able to get this published.  Maybe I am a little lazy because I haven't received any feedback lately.  I do know that someone is reading these entries but a little fun feedback would be welcomed.

Only a few more weeks until Spring and we here in N. Michigan are really looking forward to a change in weather.  We didn't get out of town this winter but are planning a trip in May.  I just booked a tour with a group to travel from Bucharest to Budapest so that will be exciting.  More to come on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment