Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

I  wanta to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Here are just a few things and people I am thankful for.  
 Last Friday I went with my dear friend Mary Anne to a little intimate concert at our local bookstore. We had dinner first and then topped the evening off with what they call Songwriters  in the Round.  The performers are all song writers so they go around in a circle and perform their one songs.  It was a nice evening.  
 SO, I am thankful for friends the one pictured above and many others.  Friends enrich my life and make me a better person.
 I am thankful for my wonderful husband AND that there wasn't any 'butt crack' showing in this picture.  He is installing a new storm door on our front door.  This project has been going on for over a week because he had to do some adjustments to make including painting some trim and such.  (other things that he explained and I really tried to listen attentively but don't understand)
 Not a very good picture of Bud but it is hard to take a picture in to the light.  He is almost done and said that today it will be finished.  So far I have only managed to walk in to the glass ONE time but I am sure that it won't be the last time.  He suggested that we put some stick on decoration right in the center at eye level.  He said that we could get different ones for each season.  I said NO and am going to try to not walk into it again.
I wasn't too excited about putting on a storm door because most of them that I have seen are white and pretty unattractive.  This one is almost all glass and a brown color.  I like it and it will keep that cold air from coming in under the door.  In the spring we are getting a new door.
 I on the other hand, have been making soup to take to Grand Rapids tomorrow.  We are having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow with Matt's family and Jessica's family.  I thought a little traditional Grandma Lewis vegetable soup would be good to have on another time.  I  Make it just like her with all the vegetables very tiny except I do put in a few more spices.
I am thankful for my two brothers too.  Leo drove out to N. Dakota this past week.  he had a pretty good trip with most of his snow in Michigan.  I am thankful that he is with Glen and Penny and their family for Thanksgiving. They are all so good together.
 I am thankful for this new little treasure of a precious child that came in to my life this past spring. She is such a happy and loving little baby.  I am looking forward to seeing her soon.
I am thankful for these wonderful nieces and my sister.  They are enjoying the day together and we will see them all tomorrow.

That is just a few of the things I am thankful for on this day.  I hope all of you have a wonderful day. We are going over to Bud's sister's house this afternoon to share dinner with them.  I am thankful that they are so close in my heart and in geographic distance.  Three of the kids will be home (Brit has to work I think)  so we will catch up on what all those college kids have been doing.  I am sure there will be lots of food and laughter which is another reason to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment