Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I am married to a 60 year old man

How did it happen???  Bud's turning 60 story is: " I have been reading the comics for many years and when reading Beetle Bailey through the years I have always related to the character Beetle Bailey but now I am more the age of General Halftrack and relate more to him."
Getting older is not something we can stop and the alternative is not so pleasant so I guess we are all heading down that road, it just seems like the speed is exceeding my limit to take it all in.  Maybe that is why people retire, so they can enjoy the scenery as those years rush by.  I will try to remember that little bit of wisdom that just came to me as I was doing this post.  I will try to spend more time enjoying the moments of each day.
Bud is trying to slow down his work load and he is spending less time at work, coming home early to do chores or just relax.  That is a good thing for him and he seems happy.  The next 20 years need to be spent in enjoying all those years of hard work.  I think we are ready for the enjoyment part and the slower pace when we are around home.

 We did celebrate his birthday several times this past week. Saturday evening we went out to dinner with some friends that have birthdays near him.  All 4 of the guys out with us have birthdays near his  ( guess one of the guys didn't make it in this picture)  It has been a fun tradition that we have celebrated over the years.
 Sunday evening was dedicated to family as we had dinner with Sonja, Sue and Walt.  Monday night we were set to go out with another friend that also turned 60 but he wasn't feeling too god so just the 2 of us went out for dinner.
Tuesday night we went to the Yacht Club for a speaker series about ice boating  This is the ice boat group.

SO, as you can see, I have NOT been cooking much this past weekend.  I think that I am cooking tonight. Eating out isn't too good for the waistline.

The birthday weekend was nice and I am very thankful for  the many years we have had together.  NOW if the Republicans just don't screw it up too much, we will try to enjoy the next year.  ( I just couldn't let this post go by without mentioning the election yesterday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment