Monday, November 10, 2014

Home alone

Bud left for a conference in New Orleans this past Saturday and left me 'Home Alone'.  I filled my Saturday with a little craft show shopping, making squash soup, and reading a good book in front of the fire.  Oddly enough the book I am reading is called " The Girl You Left Behind".  It is  a pretty good book and the fire was very nice.  
Sunday I spent the day in a relaxed way but I decided I needed to go out and check out the mall.  This is the first time I have walked the whole length of the mall in a long time.  I didn't have any big agenda except to pick up a couple of gifts so I just wandered in an out of a few shops juts 'sport shopping' as I used to call it.  I did manage to get some early Christmas gifts and do my errands.  It was interesting.  I did skip all the 'tween' shops that really don't interest me at all.  I realized that we don't have many clothes shops up north that really meet my needs but of course I really don't have any needs so maybe that is MY problem. Sunday evening was filled with a LONG talk with Leo (an hour and a half).  He was very talkative so I just relaxed and talked with him.  
Today I woke up to the snow falling.  It was snowy a little yesterday but it melted by noon so that wasn't too bad.  I think this snow is suppose to melt today too.  I am on my way to school in a little while.  I still volunteer on Mondays and Fridays.  It is still fun and they sure do need me with the large class sizes they have now. Molly has 27 kids in that tiny classroom.  The largest class I had was 32 and I STILL remember that difficult year.
That is my quiet weekend.  Hope you did something exciting and didn't have snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment