Friday, October 15, 2010

Glowing fall colors

This morning when I came out to check out the world there was a beautiful glow in the woods. The sun had not quite made it over the peninsula so the light was behind us. The sky was blue above and the woods was all aglow with the leaves that were giving off this wonderful light. That beautiful light is hard to catch on a camera with me at the lens so I just enjoyed the beauty. This afternoon I did take a picture of the view outside our window but I am sure that the colors once again don't show up as well as nature really intended.
I think the fall colors are at their peak here in N. Michigan this week. The air is crisp, the sky is blue with some light fluffy clouds and the sun is shining through the leaves. The blue water behind the trees gives it the extra beauty of Traverse City.
I hope you enjoy your weekend and the beauty of the fall colors.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't this the BEST? This air. This light. These colors. This crisp breeze. Mmmm! It's a slight variation out here on the Cape but splendid nonetheless, in its very own way. I can picture and smell and feel that Michigan autumn through your post. Thanks for that :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete