Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quilting weekend

I spent this past weekend taking a quilting/fabric painting class. I am unsure of the outcome just yet. I really 'wrestled' with the technique on Saturday. Sunday I was able to grasp the concept of cutting up the fabric and putting it back together correctly to make the iris that the pattern showed. However, then I had difficulty with the finished work of blending the lines with paint. I will try to finish it up tomorrow and post one from the class instructor and mine. It may be posed as a test to see if you can tell my piece from the instructors, if I am confident that mine is worthy of the test. Right now I don't think that the piece is worthy but maybe I will feel better tomorrow. That may be true of many things while you are in the middle of solving a problem. Waiting until the next day is a good idea to check the worthiness of of the outcome. Maybe another way for me to check my work it to seek approval from outsiders which will be why I post the pictures. However, as in life, how important is outside approval???? Sometimes it is pretty important.

No comments:

Post a Comment