Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend visitor and crafts

I am back making baskets for the upcoming holiday. I made this little one and then decorated it with some sparkling spider 'iron-ons' and a ruffle ribbon trim. I gave this one to Eva. I just like making them and finding homes for them.
I got a little creative with this one. I wanted to make a top for it but it just didn't turn out right on the first try so I then ironed on the face and still it was too plain. I added the green vine hair and may put some leaves on it later. I am planning to take this one to Tenn. when we visit in a couple of weeks. I will continue to 'spice this one up' before I go and maybe fill it with some 'treats' for the girls.

Eva came to visit yesterday afternoon (Sunday). She arrived about 4. We chatted for a while and then decided to go for a drive out the peninsula to check out the fall colors. She said that the trees were past their peak on the drive up but we knew that the colors on the peninsula were still looking good. We took the slow drive up the east side of the peninsula, all the way to the tip and the lighthouse. The colors through some of those back roads were spectacular. The sun was shining and the trees just glowed. On the way back we took the west side and drove down about half way to eat dinner at the old Bower's Harbor Inn Pub in the back. The view out the back was on to the woods and they had just finished their Oktoberfest celebration day. We had a great dinner and just enjoyed the company.
After dinner we came back here. Eva and Bud spent some time going over investments and finances. She is seeing an attorney today and heading home. I told her it was good that she came up so that I would have something to blog about. My life has been a bit boring lately. Not enough inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment