Friday, June 15, 2012

I think I am ready

My previous post was about getting ready for all the Ken and Verdella Lewis kids to visit N. Michigan.  Well, I think I am ready.  It is a good thing that they are my brothers and sister because they can't get too upset with me.  All the beds are ready with nice clean sheets.  Leo will get the porch futon with the view. I know that this is the favorite place of many of you.  Glen and Penny will get the guest room.  I have a blow up mattress for Eva so everyone has a place to sleep.
Today I marinated the steals.  I am going to use Eva's flank steak recipe since it is so good and so easy.  Yesterday I bought some good MICHIGAN strawberries and today I made a batch of ice cream so that everything will be easy while they are here.  A simple meal of steak, roasted vegetables, salad, and bread (nice french baguette)  followed by ice cream and strawberries.  Just fire up the grill and we are good to go.
Eva spent the past week on a mission trip with the church.  One of the chaperons  became sick at the last minute so she is driving back today and will join us in the morning.  Glen and Penny drove all night so it will be a quiet evening here.  BUT tomorrow the fun begins.  Eva and I will be taking the sports car and the guys and Penny will be on their motorcycles.  I have a great picnic lunch planned so.........
I think I am ready.  I will take lots of pictures and share them with you.  Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment