Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Where is our economy going????

I am getting depressed about the news lately.  Maybe I should quit listening to the news all day on NPR.  It seems like every other story is about how bad the economy is lately.  On top of that my husband, being the good study of world economies, is constantly reading books and magazines that seem to be full of headlines about the failing world economy. Add to that the falling stock market this past week and it seems that everything is gloomy.  These years were suppose to be my 'Golden Years'.  I had planned to travel more and just enjoy the world, doing things that cost some money.  Those possibilities seem to be slipping away daily.
NOW, I do know that I still have a very safe and plush life when it comes to world standards.  I DO know that things don't bring you happiness so if I have to do with less 'things' in my retirement I can still be very happy but I am just feeling like it isn't fair.

Today I will go and volunteer at Kingsley Elementary School and they will be thankful for my help in their busy days.  I am still thankful that I don't have to keep that schedule and take the 'beatings' that teachers are getting in the press and government.

Maybe you will take some time tonight to try and see the 'once in our lifetime' event of Venus crossing in front of the sun.  I think of David and his interest in space and the stars.  Maybe he has the best view for this event.  SO, I guess my 'rant' is over. Take a little time today to be thankful for your life, not the things in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment