Monday, July 2, 2012

A dry spell

I seem to be having a 'dry spell' in my posting.  It happens to this mind now and then.  Last week was a slow week, coming back from our wonderful houseboat vacation and the family visit the weekend before seemed like a little 'let down' for me.  During those times I have a real motivation problem, getting back into the swing of my retirement life.  I am also not going into school on my twice weekly visits so that has slowed my activity level down too.  It is a matter of 'changing gears' and starting some new projects but sometimes I am slow to make those changes.

Our weekend was interesting for us.  Friday night we went to a concert at Interlochen with some friends.  The Arts Academy has regular concerts and we try to buy tickets for those events that interest us.  Bud bought 4 tickets to Steve Martin.  He has a bluegrass band and they were very entertaining.  The Steep Canyon Rangers were his support band.  They were very good too.  It was billed as an evening of comedy and bluegrass.  We took sandwiches and 'tailgated' before the concert.  It was a beautiful evening and great company.  We laughed and enjoyed the great music.

Saturday morning Bud went on a short motorcycle ride with a friend for breakfast.  They have been trying to connect for a couple for a couple of weeks and finally managed a breakfast run.  Bud did lawn work and I did laundry in the afternoon.  That evening we went to the movies.  Bud did the picking this week and we saw Men in Black 3.  It was mildly entertaining.  I haven't been a great fan of the Men in Black series but Bud worked hard in the yard all day so I decided that he deserved this break.  There really wasn't much else available in the movie market anyway.

Sunday we went to a wedding reception brunch for the sun of some friends that was married a year ago in Korea.  The bride and groom live in Korea so this was their first visit back since the wedding.  We had plans for an afternoon sail with a couple but it turned out that only the guy was going and so I 'bowed out' and let the guys have some fun on the boat.  This was the first time that Red Sky has left the dock this year.  Maybe July will be a better month for us to get out sailing.

Family news: Eva is at Spirit Lake for the week.  I guess she 'dodged' the storm that went south of her on the way out.  Matt and Diana are at the beach, enjoying some family time with the Bells.  It seems that Matt has a new job, teaching 6th graders in a new school.  I am glad that the interviews went well and he found a new school. Now I am just hoping for the house to sell soon and of course a new house to 'appear' for them to be able to move.  Busy people, I am glad that they are young and can take all that activity in their lives.   Leo is back working the midnight shift, He really prefers that shift and has become accustomed to that strange sleep pattern.  Sara is done with school for now and has a whole month off to do a little relaxing.  I am sure that she will find lots to keep her busy.  Maybe some 'nesting' will be on her to-do list, getting ready for those little ones that will be arriving at the end of the year.

Wow, this is too long and probably too newsy.  Maybe just 'pent up' writing.  Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. First, I'm not sure I am young enough for all this change: ) and second, with all of you sacrifices for Uncle Bud, I'm thinking you're due something... another week in Paris should do.

    ReplyDelete