Friday, July 13, 2012

Out and about this week

Last week I didn't do much.  I kind of stayed in town and around the house.  I decided that was enough of being around the house so I started calling friends to arrange outings.  Monday I went and visited my friend Maryanne (I forgot to take a picture, can you believe that?) We had lunch and just spent time catching up on each others activities.  It was a nice day.  She lives on Elk Lake so we celebrated the cooling down of the weather by sitting outside and enjoying the view.

 Tuesday I met my friend Kathy over in Grayling and we visited a couple of quilt shops and had lunch.  I just thought this quilt looked so cute.  I was gathering ideas for baby quilts.  After lunch we drove out to her cabin on the river and I spent the night.
 I did remember to take a picture this time.  Tuesday afternoon we paddled a little way up river.  That is harder to do so I didn't last long, maybe about 10 minutes.  Then we floated down to the cabin.  That evening we had a great dinner on the deck and continued our talking.  Her husband is fishing in Montana so we had the cabin to ourselves.
 Wednesday morning we took off on kayaks and paddled/floated down the river for about 2 hours.  It was a beautiful day, just the right amount of sunshine and great temps.  It was a great trip.  Then we had lunch and I took off for Coleman
 I am dressed up because I was going to the funeral home for the visitation of Alice Clarke.  She died this past weekend.  She was Mom's best friend.  The two couples took many trips together after they both retired.  Alice's husband died just a week before Mom.  It was especially hard for Alice to lose her husband and best friend in such a short time.  She was a very kind woman and a good friend for Mom.
 Leo and I did take a drive out to the farm.  The beans are growing although we did see a deer in the field, enjoying a nice afternoon snack.  The man who farms the land has a special 'farmer permit' to kill deer in the summer because they eat the crops.  He asked my permission to shoot deer on the farm but Leo and I said no.  The young mothers would probably be the target and they would leave behind fawns to die on their own.  Bambi's mother killer I didn't want to be.
Leo and I saw lots of relatives and chatted at the funeral home for a little over an hour.  Then I took off and headed home.  Leo had to work that night and I needed to get home.
Not too bad of a picture, just taking it myself.  I should lower my chin though.  Maybe next time.

I hope you were able to keep busy, enjoy some time with friends and honor someone that has lived a great life.  Honor that person while they are still alive, it will make a difference in their life.

1 comment:

  1. SUPER jealous of your girl/cabin overnight. Love the black dress and the sandals. Thumbs up on the Bambi killer decision.

    ReplyDelete