Friday, July 20, 2012

Rings on her fingers

The Ann Arbor Art Fair was this last week.  I went with my friend Kathy and another friend.  Kathy and I have attended this fair every year except 2 for more years than I can count.  Linda has gone with us several times and often goes with family from the downstate are SO we were all veteran fair attenders.  
We left Tuesday about noon, stopped at the fabric store in Farwell and the outlet mall in Burch Run, two other traditions.  I didn't do much fabric shopping but did manage to pick up a couple pairs of shorts at the Eddie Bauer store.  
We arrived in time to find a nice place to eat in Ann Arbor and rest up for our fair marathon.  The temps on Tuesday were up in the 3 digits so we were hoping for some overnight cooling.  We weren't that lucky.  It was a little cooler on Wednesday but still a very HOT day.   We were up and ready for our shopping by showing up as the fair opened.  We have a routine of shopping different fairs.  I am so directionally disabled that I still just follow around Kathy's lead and enjoy the scenery.  
We didn't go last year because Kathy was out of town so this year we had to catch up on our buying.  I had in mind some more choices for pinkie rings and some different rings for my ring finger on my right hand.  The knuckle on that hand has gotten a bit bigger and some of my rings don't fit anymore.  I need to have them made larger, but until then I decided to increase my collection by a few.  
The weather and the walking really took the toll on my feet.  I kind of gave out by a little after 5:00 and put myself in a bar next to a margarita while Kathy and Linda continued to shop.  They came to the bar and joined me for dinner an hour later.  After dinner we headed back to the room. We were finished by 7:30 even though the fair went on until about 10:00.  We were in bed by then after taking a cooling shower and cooling off our feet.  The next day we just spent a couple of hours, picking up the things that we saw but decided to wait and see.  I am a pretty decisive shopper so I did most of my shopping the first day.  

 Kathy with a few of her finds.  We had a great time.
 OK so here are 3 of the pinkie rings that I bought.  I like my new supply.
 This is an iolite stone.  I gave one of my rings to Eva that had this stone so I found this replacement.  Mine is bigger than the one I gave her and I really like it .  I am partial to emerald cut stones so I was pleased to find this nice one with a good blue color.
 I was also taken by the design of this pearl and silver ring.  It is kind of big but very nice.
 This was one of my early purchases.  Kind of modest but very attractive.  I have gray pearl ear rings, necklace and bracelet so this will go nicely with them  Simple and sweet.  
Finally, I wanted to find a nice peridot  ring and this one really was fantastic.  Again, it is my favorite emerald cut stone in a very simple setting.

WELL, I did make out quite well and make up for missing a year.  I haven't done a ring count lately but I think they still fit in my drawer space.  If not, maybe I will do some sorting and sharing.  If you have to collect something, it might as well be beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I'm digging the pinkie rings. All of them are nice for sure but the pinkie rings are my favorite.
    Matt

    ReplyDelete