Friday, May 3, 2013

SIN

Forgive me, my sister but I have sinned.  I just checked the commandment and realize that it is the 10th commandment that I broke.  I the event that you, like me, can't remember that specific commandment her it is for you:
Thou shall not covet your neighbor's wife.

NOW, you may be thinking that it might be impossible for me to covet my neighbor's wife but you ALL know that it means anything not just wives.  So, yes I have committed this sin and need forgiveness from my sister. I decided it was worth risking to just ask forgiveness after I gave in to my sin.

Her goes the story.  When we were visiting Eva this spring I saw her in this BEAUTIFUL  cardigan sweater and remarked on how great it looked on her. (can you see where this is going???)  She told me where she bought it (probably her mistake but who is placing blame on her???)  I came home and checked on line and sure enough there it was and on sale.  I decided to resist, knowing that I was sinning.  I tried and tried but over the weeks that have passed, I have checked the sweater on line several times and then last week, in a weak moment I placed the order.

So the sin has been committed and I am asking for forgiveness.  I promise I won't wear it while I am in the company of my sister so we don't look like 'twins' but it sure is a beautiful sweater, don't you think and I do have a weakness for cardigans.






2 comments:

  1. Well, sin looks good on you: )
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding! After all the clothes you buy for me? You are forgiven!! Sorry I am so cute that it induces envy and coventing. :-) I will try to be more plain in the future. ha!

    ReplyDelete