Sunday, August 4, 2013

So this is 63

Today I turned 63.  That is hard to believe.  
 Wednesday night Eva and Leo met Bud and me in Big Rapids for dinner.  That is a nice tradition that we have established the last few years, meeting for our birthdays and dinner.  We have tried several restaurants there and have not been too excited about the choices.  One place is VERY nice but a little on the expensive side.  The other two are just 'bars' and often too noisy.  This time we went for the 'chain' restaurant and went to Applebee's .  It was a good meal but most of all the company was great.  Leo is probably getting a little tired of me since I saw him 3 days this last week but I hadn't seen  Eva since the houseboat trip.  I am thankful for such a wonderful family and our loving relationship.  I know many families do not enjoy a close relationship so I am thankful that we managed to forgive our childhood 'pains' and have great adult friendships.
This is the 'face' of 63.  I rarely have pictures of myself on the blog so this time, since it IS my birthday, I put two on.  We went out to dinner on Friday evening with a dinner group that Bud is a part of.  It is a 'guys' group that meets for dinner every other Friday but this week they invited the wives.  I bought this dress for a new summer outfit.  It was on sale at T.J. Max for just $25 and I couldn't pass it up.  When I put it on it fits close to my body so I feel like it is a bit too tight but it really doesn't show any 'bulges' so I guess it is the right size.  My insecurity and my WHITE legs make me feel a bit uncomfortable in the dress but then I need to remember I AM 63 and am not suppose to be glamorous, turning heads and looking "hot" like a 25 year old.  Getting older is difficult for my ego but I am working on it every day.

Saturday we drove up to Boyne City to visit some downstate friends that have a cottage on Lake Charlovoix.  We have known them for a long time and haven't seen them in a couple of years.  We caught up on each other's lives and had a very nice dinner.
Today, my birthday, we have had a quiet day at home for me with lots of birthday text coming in from family. I did a little reading and sewing.  Bud went out to do some shopping.  He needed a new suit for the upcoming wedding and some new pants for work.  I am not a good shopper with him so I decided it would be more fun to stay home and relax.

SO, that is how I welcomed the new birthday.  One more year.

2 comments:

  1. I love the dress...you look beautiful! Happy Birthday again. Wish we could have made it to dinner. Love you, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look delightful! Love the dress.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete