Monday, August 18, 2014

Thank You Charlotte

If it wasn't for Charlotte, I wouldn't have anything to write about this week as it has been a pretty quiet week here.  
 Sunday afternoon we had the pleasure of attending the Senior Recital.  It was a beautiful event.  She sang to everyone for an hour.  We a;; remember when she started down this path. Her voice coach told us something like when Charlotte first came she had a voice with a lot of 'breath' and not too strong but she loved the family and took on this wonderful girl.  She has developed into a talented singer.  I too remember going with her to a voice lesson and wondering if it was the right choice to make singing her chosen career. At family events we often kidded that she might look for a rich husband while in college.
WELL, she proved all of us wrong by working hard and following her dream.  This fall she is attending Lawrence College in Wisconsin and they are 'thrilled' to have her as a student.
She has every right to be proud of herself and her accomplishments.  We are thankful to be a part of her life an to have watched her talent develope.
 David, her boyfriend is attending Western Michigan this fall.  They sang one song together.
 Of course Sue and Walt are very proud of their lovely daughter.
It was a great way to spend the Sunday afternoon.
We wish you well, Charlotte and hope you remember us when you are famous.
NOW on another beautiful note (except for the wrinkled hand part) I received in the mail today the other ring I bought at the Ann Arbor Art Fair.  I wanted it made bigger so I had to wait for it to come.  You may know that I am very fond of the emerald cut in my gemstones.  This one caught my eye because it is so big.  I photographed it on my wrinkled hand so you could see that it stretches the whole length of my knuckle.  It is about an inch long.  The stone is smoky quartz which is a pretty common stone but not one that I have in my inventory.  I really love the way it looks despite my wrinkled hand.  If you wear large enough rings, maybe it distracts from my hands.  At least that is my opinion.

Today we are celebrating our 32nd anniversary.  We will have dinner out and just relax.  No presents for us, we have it all just the fact that we have so many wonderful years together.

1 comment: