Monday, August 25, 2014

Working and Wedding

Wedding first.  We went to a wedding of a wonderful woman this past Saturday.  I have known her since she was a little girl, maybe even before she was born that is how long and I can't remember anyway.  
 When I heard she was getting married and then saw her this past winter I mentioned that I was making quilts now.  She remembered a stuffed rabbit that I made for her when she was a little girl.  I had forgotten the rabbit but she sure hadn't.  She put in a request for a quilt so I started this one for her.  It was a bit of a challenge, I was using a new ruler to make these hexagons.  You can't really see too well but the background is a light gray.  I did manage to get it finished without too much swearing.
 This is a close up of the block.  I had some difficulty liking this quilt so I hope she does like it.
My next project is for Sara and Leo.  It is about half done and I like it a LOT more.  I will share when it is finished.
 The wedding was in the afternoon with a reception following at the Yacht Club.  We didn't stay too late but it was a nice wedding and reception.  
 Sunday our friend Bill came over to help Bud with his summer project of painting the trim on the house and the garage doors.  Bill was my neighbor at my house when I lived south of town.  We have remained friends.  He is a retired teacher and was looking for some summer work so we hired him to help Bud with this project.
They are having lunch here in this picture.
 The spent the day cleaning the trim and getting rid of the spider webs.
They worked pretty hard.  Bud was a little sore at the end of the day.  Bill is back today power washing the deck.

So that is all for us this past week.  Maybe you had a more exciting week than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment