Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A family weekend in Coleman

This past weekend I traveled to Coleman for a family Christmas gathering
 Our first stop was to Mom and Dad's grave to take off the summer flowers and put on our Christmas wreath.  Don't you agree that I am a very dutiful child? It was a cold day but we did manage to attach the wreath to the stand.  I was glad that the stand was already in the ground because the ground was pretty frozen.
 Next we stopped out to Leo's house to deliver a rug that we were giving him.  He sure has done a lot of work on the site where his house was placed.  He has put in drainage tiles and smoothed the land out.  He spent a lot of time with his tractor and backhoe this past summer.  It should be ready for a little grass this next summer.  There were a LOT of deer tracks in the dirt right up near the house.  He has quite a bit of wildlife around him.  He was even talking about putting up some Christmas tree lights.  He just arrived back from spending Thanksgiving with Glen and Penny.  It was a great visit and he enjoyed his time with them.
 Now on to the pictures I took of the family.  Kay and Dick were there.  Kay lived across the road from me growing up so we spent a lot of time together when we were young.
 And there is her brother Jim.  He faithfully attends these events and it was good to see him.
 Denny was there with his grandson.  He bought the back field of the farm and has named it Landon's farm after this grandson.  The like to go out there and run around with tractors and other equipment.
 Aunt Kathleen is the youngest of Dad's family and is looking great.  I had a nice long talk with her about family and various events that she remembers.  She had some pictures of family members of long ago and I brought home a picture of my Great Great Aunt Della who I was named after.  I will scan them into my computer and share them at a future date.
 Aunt Mary and her son Scott.  Aunt Mary and Uncle Elmer lived just up the road.  She is looking good too.
 Aunt Florence and her son Bill just fooling around.  They are pretty good at that.
 Aunt Florence is 92 and looking very good.
 A cousin Marilyn and her husband.  She is Uncle Vernell's daughter.

 Leo, Aunt Kathleen and cousin Jim.
 Here we had the cousins that were in attendance.  Starting in the back row Jack, Victor, Bill, Denny, Scott, Leo.  Front row Marilyn, Jerry, me, Kay.  I think this is just about half of us.  I take a picture every year just to record our passing years.

 And here are the beautiful ladies that watch over our family.
 A couple of cousins, Scott and Marilyn
Leo and Denny.  Doesn't Leo look great???  He even has on a nice sweater that Eva and I bought for him a few years ago.

So that was my weekend.  I had a great time visiting with family and listening to some old stories.  It is a great season for reconnecting with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment