Sunday, December 14, 2014

Projects and shopping, the holiday season is keeping me busy

Merry Christmas to all of you
 Bud finally found the time to put up my last Christmas decoration, a quilted wall hanging that I made a couple of years ago.  I am not allowed up on ladders this year as I am trying to make it though this holiday season without a cast.  You may or may not remember that 2 years ago I broke my foot and was in a cast and last year I broke my wrist and was in a cast again at Christmas time.  I only have about 10 more days to make it this year and am hoping the 'curse' has been broken.
 My quilt group had a couple of projects they taught in the month of November.  I liked the projects a lot and managed to get them both done this past week.  The one above was fun but I thought it was a little boring.
 SO, I put a lot of sequence stars on the trees.  I gave this one to my friend Kathy for Christmas.  She likes reds and blacks a lot.  It was a fun and easy project.
 I liked this project better.  The trees looked great and the fabric seemed to go together very well.  I have been invited to put some pieces in a show again this year.  I think this one will go in the show.

 Saturday I decided to check out a couple of local shops.  We have this little shop called Red Dresser and in the shop are a lot of booths by various artist/craftsmen.  I loved the booths and had a great time shopping and spending a few coins.

Then I headed out the peninsula to a new gallery where there were  a LOT of beautiful pieces for me to admire.  I chose this birdhouse for myself.  It is very beautiful.  
I think it looks great with the reindeer that Eva gave me several years ago and the little snowmen set that Sara and Leo bought for me in Norway when we were there together many years ago.  I have collected a few more pieces to go with the Norway snowmen and together they all look great.

The holiday spirit is catching on here.  Now all we need is a little snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment