Monday, December 22, 2014

This and That with pictures this time

First of all, I hope you weren't offended by my last posting/rant.  Sometimes I just get that way and I haven't  really had a good rant lately.  Today I have a much more pleasant post.  
 First of all, these pictures are very vintage.  I'm not sure how old they are as there wasn't a date on the back of them.  Aunt Kathleen let me borrow them to scan them into my computer since this is the lady that I was named after.  She and her sister Aunt Jessie never married and her nephews were my Grandpa Lewis (Charlie) and my Great Uncle Fred Lewis.  She had a brother than many of you may have heard off, we called him Uncle George (he would have really been my Great Great Uncle but we just called him Uncle George because that is what my dad called him. )  Uncle George made all the violins and gave one to each of his nieces and nephews (all of my dad's siblings have a violin in the family.  Eva has ours)    
 The man in this picture is my Great Grandfather, the only one of that family that married and had children.  I never met any of these people but do remember my dad talking about them.  They lived in southern Michigan I think.  The linage of the Lewis family is a little more vague than the Clarke side of that family.  I have a detailed book about the Clarke family (my Grandma Lewis was a Clarke) but just a brief sketch of the family tree on the Lewis side.  Anyway,  I was happy to get a chance to see these pictures and appreciate the fact that my Aunt Kathleen let me borrow them.  
 Can you believe it????????  Leo actually put up some Christmas lights at his house.  I think that is impressive.  He is getting into the spirit a bit.  He has plugged them into the front door light switch so he can turn them on right from inside the house.
 In my last post I mentioned that we didn't have any snow.  WELL, this last week we were blessed with a light dusting of snow to make the season bright.  Yes, I know this doesn't look like a light dusting of snow for many of you that don't live 'Up North' but it really was only a couple of inches and much of it has compacted down so it is just barely covering the ground.  We are foretasted to get a bit more rain/snow today and into the evening.
One last picture.  This is the leadership of the Yacht Club.  We had a little gathering of the board and of course Bud is part of that group.  He isn't officially on the board, he just keeps track of the money so he is kind of the CFO.  He puts a lot of time into this organization and they really appreciate his work.

That is all from me for now.  I am working on a nice new project in my sewing room but it is still a work in process so I will wait to unveil it when it is closer to completion.

My Christmas gifts are all wrapped and ready to take with me to my various celebrations so I am feeling pretty prepared for the season.  I just have to do a little cooking but that task needs to be closer to the holidays and all my baking is being done by Grand Traverse Pie Company.

Here's wishing you a stress free week.

No comments:

Post a Comment