Friday, December 19, 2014

What is this world coming to????????

I may regret this post in haste but here it goes:
 I just heard a story on NPR about law students at Harvard and other schools that want more time to study for their exams because they spent much of the last month protesting (the death of Brown in Ferguson and the death of the man in New York)  I agree that everyone and MOST of all college students need to exercise their right to protest and there are many ongoing issues with racism in our country. Protesting is a 'right of passage' for many college students.  BUT, 'back in the day' (the Vietnam War where hundreds of our generation died each week) we managed to protest (ME included) AND still be accountable for our exams. Maybe this isn't 'Apples and Oranges' but it does seem like kind of a weak argument that you need more time to study for exams.  I'm not buying it.

SO, there you have heard my opinion.  I will push the 'publish' button and just take it 'on the chin' if you don't agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment