Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall Activities

Yes, the trees are starting to turn and we are getting our bay view back, bit by bit. If you look through the trees, you can see a little bit of the bay. I took this picture yesterday but today it equally nice. I received a call from Glen on Friday and he said that there was snow in the air in N. Dakota. I told him he could keep the snow. He was in Washburn, watching Cody play football. At least he wasn't out plowing which was what he said that Eva feared when he called her. It is way too early for snow here. However, Bud is doing 'boat chores'. Yesterday he took the sails off and put some things away. Today he and Walt are back over on the boat doing some things to get it ready for winter storage. Another short season is over. We never seem to spend enough time on the boat but that is our fault. We just need to try to get out more, that is usually the promise we make at the end of every season. I am thankful for the times we did get out. We often go out with the Nobles so that is a great way to spend some time together while everyone is home for the summer.
Fall also reminds me that it is time to start making soups. Last week I made vegetable and beef soup. We ate it several times during the week. I ate it more often than Bud because he was gone a couple of evenings. Today I made my famous squash soup. Last year Jessica gave me a wonderful blender that I can put right in the soup pot so it is MUCH easier and less messy to make this wonderful soup. We will have squash soup for dinner. I will freeze it too. I made this soup with the squash I got from my last instalment from the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) group that I was a part of this past year. I really enjoyed receiving the wonderful fresh vegetables every week. They are not doing it again next year so I think I will just use the local farmers market next year and see how that works. We have a market downtown every Wednesday and Friday. All of the produce must be local so it is very good and convenient.

I also spent part of today working on my latest baby quilt. All the fabrics in this quilt are different dotted fabrics. The background is pink because the baby it is for is a girl. I will make a pink teddy bear too. The quilt is turning out cute and definitely a good quilt for a baby girl.


We also did some cleaning today. Cleaning is my LEAST favorite chore but it needs to be done now and then. Bud ran the vacuum and I did the rest. I still need to dust but will save that until tomorrow. I am retired and I really shouldn't do too many of my chores in one day. If I do too much in one day, I don't have anything saved up for the next day.
I hope your day was filled with some beautiful sunshine this fall season, some delicious treats from the harvest season, some fun activities that you enjoyed and YES, maybe even a few chores that you didn't enjoy but felt the need to do anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment