Thursday, March 10, 2011

Diana's new quilt

I have finished the quilt that I made for Diana and Matt.  I am very happy with the way it turned out.  Jessica was my assistant for this quilt.  She picked out the fabrics and listened to me when I called with questions and doubts.  It is a very nice quilt, full of colors and designs.  The pictures don't really show the colors as well as the quilt in person.  This pattern is called 'Bar Code' and you can see why when you look at it.  I put the design on one side of the big pillows, mostly to save brown fabric but also because I thought it gave two possibilities of looks.  The valance is brown with a strip of one of the colors along the bottom.  It all looks pretty pulled together.  We will take it with us when we go down to visit the first of April.  I am glad that I was able to get it done in time to take it down.  I hope you like it too. 

2 comments: