Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Looking Pretty

Yes, I know that I am 60.  I blogged once before about how women of a certain age begin to be 'invisable'.  We no longer 'turn heads' when we walk into a room or bar.  However the topic that is on my mind lately is the concept of 'looking pretty'.  When do we stop feeling like we look pretty.  I am not talking about this in a narcissistic way because I was raised as a child that you shouldn't think about how 'pretty' you look.  However, we all really, down deep, like to think that we look good or we strive to look good.  I think that anyone that denies that isn't being true to themselves. People since the beginning of recorded time have written about beauty and what that means to individuals.  AND I am talking about outer beauty.  We all do many things every day to make ourselves presentable when we go out in public.  Let's face it, we like to look good.  I am not disputing that fact. 

When then do we start to feel like we really don't look that great or when do we start being so critical of ourselves.  If you watch young girls when they are trying on a new dress they often 'twirl' and show off.  At some time we stop doing that. 

Like I stated at the beginning, I know that I am 60 and my outer image isn't as great as it was when I was 25.  I'm not that fond of seeing myself naked and can't imagine anyone finding that look very attractive.  I have put on a few extra 'post-menapause' pounds that just don't want to come off without fasting for 2 months. I do try to look 'pretty' when I leave the house but sometimes that is a mental challenge for me. 

I hope you are feeling pretty today.  I hope you tell someone that they look pretty.  I hope that I learn how to judge my looks with 'dark glasses' on and maybe in the light of candlelight. 

Pretty deep today :):):)]

OH, by the way, I finally after a couple of years of blogging , have realized that it is difficult for people to put comments on my blog.  Eva told me a few weeks ago and I have the same problem with my friend Kathy's blog.  I went into the settings today and fooled around with the comments area and maybe you won't have to put in that silly little word anymore.  Let me know by email or on facebook if this works better.  I crave comments and WANT to make it easier I just don't know exactly how to do it correctly.  Operator error is a common problem in this world of technology being smarter than the operator.

3 comments:

  1. you are beautiful - inside and out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise, sassy, and sexy.....walk the walk, talk the talk....you got it. It's all in the 'tude :)

    The man who runs the dump told me today (with his cigar hanging out of his mouth, bless 'im) "Has anyone told you today that you are beautiful?" I about fell over. Angel in my path. Angel with a cigar. And then your comment over on MountainWave Tribe. Another angel.

    Love you. Shine your beautiful Light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your "60"pretty feelings..I am suprised when I see a picture of myself..I feel like I should still look like I am 27...where did the time go? Kathy
    PS great that you changed your settings...hope I picked the right ones also

    ReplyDelete