Friday, June 3, 2011

Back in TC and relaxing this week.

I had a quiet week after getting home.  It was a bit hard to get back into 'ordinary' life.  I took a couple of days to unwind.  Jet lag always gets me harder when I arrive home.  I think it is the "after vacation let down" syndrome.  I finally managed to find my place back in the world.  I read, and finished a quilt this week.  I visited the 3rd graders at the park for their last school picnic. 

June arrived and with it my thoughts of lists.  I remember my pattern of 35 years of teaching.  You finish the school year, catch your breath and then start a list of things you want to accomplish over the summer.  Old patterns die hard.  I have been thinking of a list of projects.  They include things I didn't finish this past winter and new projects I have been rolling around in my mind.  The life of a retired person is quite relaxed but lists can be helpful so that things actually get done instead of just rolling around in your mind. 

Retirement didn't bring me additional ambition.  Maybe a list will help.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back from Paris. mike wants to know how you found the FRench men to be..are they flirts? Hope you are following us on our blog...
    Kathy and mike

    ReplyDelete