Saturday, June 11, 2011

Post Paris blahs

I just haven't been able to get back into the swing of my life after my trip.  I talked to Jessica the other night and she said she is kind of experiencing the same.  NOW, it isn't like I am staying in the house with the blinds drawn and not doing anything.  I had a great lunch with Brittany this past week.  She left for Uganda yesterday to spend a month there with a medical team from U of M.  I wanted to have a little 'girl time' before she left.  I finished a couple of quilts and have made another little baby doll carrier gift, this time for Cora.  I went to school on Thursday to a  retirement lunch.  I have been reading a good book.  So I am keeping busy but only busy enough to say I am not too lazy. 

We had a brief summer experience the beginning of this past week with temps in the 90s.  It has quickly dropped to the usual cool June weather of N. Michigan though.  I turned the heat back on yesterday since it was too cold here in the house, that was after running the AC earlier in the week.  Such is June weather here. 

Bud has been busy as usual with work and Thursday night he took a ride with the local HOG group. (Harley Davidson riders)  They take a ride about once or twice a month in the evening to some place for dinner and then back.  He is working today again.  I am guessing he is just trying to catch up on the little things piling up on his desk.  He has done a little work on the garage but it still isn't all wired.  Kevin is suppose to come back this coming week and talk with us about the terracing that Bud wants done around the garage and some kind of flat surface around the whole house.  He wants to get that done before he gets it painted. 

We only have 2 weeks until the Houseboat trip.  That will give me something to look forward to.  I do have a couple of bowls that I need to make for friends so that will be my next sewing project.  I managed to get out my summer clothes this past week when it was hot so I am ready for the next heat wave.  We haven't been out on the boat yet.  Bud was hoping to get out on his new small boat last weekend but we didn't have any wind. 

Such is the boring life of us 'old folks'.  I need some of Eva's energy some days.  She is always on the go.

By the way, I have NO idea why that section is white background or how to fix it but it is not any reflection of my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment