Monday, June 13, 2011

Newest quilt

This is my latest quilt project that I just finished today.  I picked it up from my quilter last week and did the binding over the weekend. 

 I have made this pattern before and do like the pattern a lot.  I am unsure that the fabric matches the pattern though.  The fabrics all go together 'side by side' but I'm not sure that they go together with this diagonal type pattern. 

I also have added some borders to this pattern to make it a little bigger. This might be where the next problem came in to play.  I was thinking of giving this to one of the retirees at school. She is the school social worker and she has always admired my quilts when I have taken them in to school.  She is a very nice lady but I wouldn't exactly call her a 'friend' in the close way.  I'm not sure that I will keep in touch with her after she leaves the school.  I was thinking of just making a little 'throw size' for her but as I continued working and adding the borders it became a bit bigger.  It is probably a large twin size or a small double bed size.  I have been collecting this fabric for a while and put this grouping together based on a couple of pieces I bought a few years ago.  Like I said I don't LOVE it but I put a lot of time into it and of course there is always the money part.  It is quite expensive to have it quilted, when I picked it up last week I was a little surprised and began to have more second thoughts about just giving it away.  What do you think????

1 comment:

  1. To me the quilt has to feel right to be given in the proper spirit. And, no offense to people in general, but not everyone is 'quilt worthy'. Follow you instincts, there is very likely another perfect recipient for this one.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete