Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Planting flowers??What was I thinking

Sunday Bud and I went out and bought some large pots for the little area beside our driveway.  We took out some trees there this past fall and took out a LARGE oak tree so now we have sunlight for that area.  Before I really jump into gardening, I thought that some large, nice, and colorful pots would look good and we could move them in the fall.  I liked the colors of these pots.  Like I said, they are pretty big.  The biggest one is like 2 feet across and the smallest one is about a foot across.  I would like to fill them with plants. SO today I went to the plant store and left 'empty handed'.  I don't even know where to start.  Where is Eva when I need her.  She always has such beautiful potted plants on her deck.  It looks so easy when she does it.  I couldn't even pick out one plant.  How do I start???  Do I put something tall in the middle and if so, what???  I would like to have some things kind of drape over the sides but again, what???  I get afternoon sun so what can I use.  Then there is the problem that a lot of the flowers are kind of picked over.  This place didn't have a lot to choose from.  Maybe I should go back to Lowes because they seemed to have a lot of plants on Sunday.  I am looking for advice.  Please send me ideas,  HELP HELP HELP. 

Eva once told me that it is kind of hard to leave a comment on the blog so if that is stopping you from giving me good advice, please send me an email with LOTS of advice.  (Hint, hint, Eva, Jessica, Sara or Diana.  You are my only garden followers that I know by names. )

No comments:

Post a Comment