Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A busy Monday

Monday I tried to finish up my projects and Christmas shopping.  I managed to get quite a bit done.  I had an evening class at my favorite local quilt shop.  NO, this is not the project that I worked on OR the class I took.  This is a picture of the piece that Jessica and I are going to make in January.  I wanted to take a couple of pictures and post them so that Jessica could see what we are getting into. 
 The lady that is teaching this class had an entry into Art Prize in Grand Rapids this fall.  I had heard of her and knew of her beautiful work.  Jessica and I both thought her work was beautiful and she told us that she was coming to N. Michigan this winter.  I quickly found out the date of the class and signed the two of us up for a day together.  This is a new work for the artist.  She often works with flowers.  I LOVE this piece. 
 You can't tell from the picture but this is all made from pieces of fabric cut up and stitched to a background. I think it is so beautiful and am very excited about spending the time learning from this artist and spending the time with Jessica.  I think we will have fun together.  I think this is perfect for both of us. 
 However, we did have a little disaster yesterday evening.  Just as I was getting ready for my class I discovered a wet floor in my sewing room.  Bud arrived home and we explored more to find this whole wet corner.  The pipes from the hot water heat have been leaking for quite a while.  The mold has developed on the drywall and in the corner.  It was late in the day so we turned off the heat to that section of the house and then proceeded to move all the bookshelves full of my quilting supplies.  What a mess.  The repairman is here today.  I hope it dries up. 
Finally, this is the class that I took last night.  I wanted to learn how to aplique' and this was my first project.  The class was fairly good and I did learn the basic techniques so that ws all I needed.  I will finish it up when my room gets back in order. 

SO, you can see that i was busy yesterday.  Some fun things, some not so fun things.  That is the way life goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment