Friday, December 30, 2011

Inspiration from Eva

Eva had this picture made for me for Christmas.  It was a wonderful surprise.  This is a picture that was taken in the garden of Notre Dame.  I LOVE it.  You can see the church and its famous arches in the background.  Of course we are all smiling.  This really captures the shared memories in a beautiful way.  WOW
 She took the picture to Meijer and they made it into a 'painting' on a canvas.  I didn't even know that technology was available.  It is SO cool. 
 I wanted to take this picture to show you how big the picture is.  It looks great.  This beautiful picture got me to thinking that I needed to 'spiff up' my sewing room.  I did some work on it several years ago when I first turned it into a sewing room.  I had plans to do more but projects got in the way and I haven't completed those plans.  The picture inspired me to get to work on making that space represent me more. 
 The shelves and boxes are full and overflowing with fabric, magazines and other objects.  I need to clean out the shelves a little and kind of rearrange some things.  It will never look perfectly neat, that isn't my personality in my sewing room but it should look a little better if I get to work on it.
 The wall behind my sewing machine is blank.  I have always planned to hang some shelves and put some things on the shelves.  I am going to do that now.
 I already have the pegboard, cork board and the shelves to put there. 
I am spray painting the brackets for the shelves.  Again, I already had the brackets AND the spray paint.  It truly was a project that was half finished.  I will need some help from Bud to cut some wood and help with hanging the shelves.  Then I will have a place to put things.
I thank Eva for the inspiration and the beautiful picture.  It makes me smile and remember all the wonderful times we had together that terrific week in Paris. 

2 comments:

  1. Good vibes to your project and I am smiling about that pic/painting. Happy New Year, love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, I discovered your website by the use of Google while searching for a related subject, your web site
    came up, it seems good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.


    Hi there, simply turned into aware of your weblog thru Google, and
    located that it is truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.

    I'll be grateful when you continue this in future. Many other people will probably be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

    Also visit my blog :: healthy weight loss diet

    ReplyDelete