Sunday, September 9, 2012

Movie reviews

Not much going on here today.  Fall has definitely arrived  in N. Michigan.  The air is colder, the leaves are just starting to turn in some trees and I am thinking of putting a fire in the fireplace.  We are also having vegetable beef soup for dinner.  Soup season has arrived.

Bud and I have seen a few movies in the last few weeks.  Some were interesting and others were just a little strange.  When Leo was up last weekend we went to see the newest Jason Bourne movie, The Bourne Legacy.  It was a typical action packed movie and good for the boys to watch.  I actually enjoyed it too.  A couple of weeks ago we went to a different and kind of strange movie, Hope Springs.  It was listed as a comedy and although it was funny at times, I felt it was more uncomfortable than funny.  It stared Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones.  It was about a middle aged couple that had lost their 'spark' in life and she arranged for a week of counseling for couples.  Anyway, I wouldn't strongly recommend the movie at least not if you are expecting a comedy.  We also went to see a different movie last weekend called Intouchables. It was a french movie (so it had subtitles) about a man that had become a quadriplegic and hires a man from the 'projects' to be his attendant.  It was a very inspiration movie about the relationship between these two men and their friendship.  It was based on a true story.  I LOVED that movie.  Last night we went to see Beast of the Southern Wild which was about VERY poor people living in the bayous of Louisiana.  It was a sad movie and it made you think of what life must be living in a 'Third World Country" but it was our country.  The little girl did a great job of acting and it has received a lot of 'press' but I didn't find it very uplifting.  I wouldn't recommend this movie either.

WELL, that is my fall movie review.  Some good some not so good but that is just my opinion and we all know that I am full of opinions.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reviews. I want to see Hope Springs, so this will set me up with what to expect. We just watched Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and loved it. It's one we'd recommend to anyone.

    ReplyDelete