Friday, September 28, 2012

Out of town and on the road

Tomorrow we are leaving early for a road trip across the Great Plains of America.  It seems kind of strange to be going somewhere this time of year but I think it will be a good time of year to travel and avoid the crowds.  We are stopping first in Iowa to visit Uncle Eldon, Mom's brother.  He is in a nursing home there and I haven't seen him since Mom's funeral.  Then we are heading to S. Dakota to possibly visit the Schoon family and on to Mt Rushmore area.  Bud hasn't ever visited this national monument and the area around it.  I was there one summer in the 70s but I was by myself and it was crowded in the summer.  I have lots of information that we obtained on the internet so we shouldn't be bored.  Lots to do in that area.  Then we are heading north to visit Glen and Penny and girls in Dickinson.  We will spend the weekend there and then head home.  If we are still interested in checking out more of America, we will stop in Door County, Wisconsin.  We will be going the southern route and coming back through the northern Wisconsin area and the UP of Michigan.  We will be gone for about 2 weeks but I will blog along the way.
Happy Trails to All

1 comment:

  1. ROADTRIP!!! Sounds like fun. I hope you enjoy yourself as much or maybe even more than you did in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete